Thursday, August 22, 2013

Live, Love, and Drink Milkshakes!

Wowee, my first post as Designer for Lime Tart. Very exciting for me!!

This month I've had so much fun playing with the gorgeous Nov '12 Half Tart kit. It is currently on sale for only $14.98 - that's a massive 50% off!! The papers are from the Glitz Design Cashmere Dame collection and they are very yummy.


The paper I chose for this layout was perfect for a background. It already had a mask pattern and other distress effects on it but I still couldn't resist splattering some black paint about. I added lots of strips of the patterned papers to my layout and hand cut some banner strips for the top. There was some sparkly gold glitter adhesive ribbon in the pack that provided instant bling. I used it on my page and also to cover one of the cardboard hexagons.  


After covering the hexagon I punched a hole in it and attached one of the cherry brads. I've twisted some twine (Lime Tart have a great range here) into a flower shape and attached (with glue) to the page underneath the glittery hexagon. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut 2 polaroid diecuts, an arrow, and Hello tag from the cardstock in the kit.


I've also used some black chevron washi along the bottom. Finally I added some of the alphas for the title and to the polaroid.


I've also added some sequins, a chevron bag & tag from my stash (I love to hide my journalling), I've used some stamps on the Journalling tag, and a date stamp down the bottom.


I'll be back next week with more ideas on how to use this gorgeous kit!

In addition to the kit I've used a Stampin' Up! date stamp;  Give A Girl A ... "InstaMoment" from the Favourite stamp set and the chevrons from the Hello Arrows stamp set; and sequins, chevron bag, & shipping tag from my stash.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh Karyn this is absolutely amazing, I love everything about this layout.

Anonymous said...

Love this LO Karyn - great design and use of splatters, banners and other bibs and bobs:)