Monday, September 9, 2013

My Cutie Book Week Mermaid!

Last week I purchased one of the gorgeous "Citrus Breeze Just add paper kits" from D-lish Scraps. I love the colour scheme and the embellishments are all so fun. As soon as it arrived I just had to have a play and decided to join their September Inspiration Board challenge.

I had this photo of my "Cutie Patootie" daughter dressed as a mermaid for her Book week parade and the colours suited perfectly. I've pretty much followed the challenge sketch provided and added some of my trademark paints, mists and stencils.





The kit included the washi, coloured doilies, flair, resin flower, twine, flowers, velum pocket and journal card. I've used A Heidi Swapp heart stencil & Chalkboard mist; Studio Calico wood veneers; Stampin' Up! white & blue cardstock; Pebbles roller date stamp; D-lish scraps sequin stripand I've used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the polaroid frame.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty hugs xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowzers Karyn!! I love your take on the mood board, the misted hearts look gorgeous and love how you have used the string sequins!
Thanks for playing along at D-lish!!

Kylie said...

Gorgeous layout, I love the Polaroid frames. What fantastic take on the citrus breeze inspiration board. Thank you for playing along with us all D-lish :)

Katie said...

I love it Karyn! You have made good use of the goodies in the kit, especially the sequins! Thanks for joining us at D'lish.

D-lish Scraps said...

This looks great Karen! So awesome to see how you've used your kit too :)

Wendy Smith said...

absolutely stunning.. love it

ros said...

love it Karyn and such a perfect photo. thanks for joining in this months inspiration board

Meredith said...

A beautiful take on the Inspiration Board, the string of sequins looks fantastic, as do the paint splats :-)