Thursday, December 26, 2013

Jessica's Favourite Christmas Ornament!

My youngest daughter loves teddy bears and soft toys. She has so many but she still wants every new one she sees. They are all very special to her and if one goes missing then there are many tears. Brown teddy bears are her favourite and I have one that is dressed as an angel with wings and is a decoration for the Christmas tree. The photo on this page is of her adoring this special ornament.

I've used the December '13 full tart kit from Lime Tart for this layout. Many of the papers in this kit are shades of red so I thought I would make this a "red" page. I started with a background of white cardstock that I splattered with red Dylusions ink. I then added a strip of patterned paper across the top of the page.

Then I clustered a number of layers of the patterned papers, a white paper doilie, and one of the red tags (in a glassine bag from a previous kit), under my photo. 
I added a red resin flower and enamel dots around the photo and across the page. I also used the Studio Calico alpha stickers for my title.
I cut out some banner shapes and attached them to the plastic tabs in the kit. I then added 2 of the candy cane brads and threaded twine through the banner and canes.  
In addition to the Dec'13 Full Tart kit from the Lime Tart store I've used Stampin' Up! white cardstock and scallop edge punches; Kellie Stamps "you make me smile" from the Just for you stamp set; Studio Calico flair and 3D diecut from the Magical collection; and white paper doilie, red twine & red sequin strip from my stash.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

1 comment:

Kellie said...

This is perfect as always Karyn xx