Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hanging Out Today!

One of the sheets of patterned paper in the January '14 half tart kit from Lime Tart is full of polaroid frames. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to highlight them in some way for a layout. 

I started with a sheet of textured blue cardstock from my stash and thought I would experiment with a few mixed media techniques. After deciding where the photos would go I sprayed the background with a blue Chalkboard mist over a Kaisercraft chevron mask. Once this had dried I used some texture paste over a Studio Calico circles mask and also wiped some in the top right and bottom left corners. I then used a Glitz arrows roller around the edge of the photos and over the wiped texture paste.
I cut out four of the polaroid frames from the paper then attached my photos to three of them. I wanted to highlight the picture on one of the polaroids so I added some of the coloured pearls from the kit. I then attached these polaroids to my page using dimensionals.
I cut out come of the labels from another of the paper sheets and layered them to make a title.
The blue sequin arrow is a highlight of the page! I also cut out and added some other labels and images from the papers, and added a journalling sticker at the bottom right.
In addition to the Jan'14 Half Tart kit from the Lime Tart store I've used Stampin' Up! blue textured cardstock; Studio Calico wood veneer flowers and bird; Freckled Fawn wood veneer hearts; and a Pebbles roller date stamp.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

1 comment:

Kellie said...

The colours are amazing so vibrant, yet your photos still are the main feature, love it!