Monday, February 10, 2014

Sweet Child Of Mine!

I've just loved creating backgrounds for my scrapbook pages recently. I've used a similar technique on this page as for my last post with spraying, stencilling and stamping. I just love the funky grungy look and didnt want to cover it up - I've added no patterned papers! 

I've used pink and orange on this page - colours I would not normally use with photos of Rachael but it just seemed to work. I love this photo of Rachael. I get these looks all the time. She wont pose for any of my photos but will take plenty of selfies herself!
I layered my photo over a white paper heart doilie, chevron bag and tag (from my stash) then I added lots of yummy D-lish Scraps embellishments. The pink fabric tape is from the Neon Pop Just Add Paper Kit. 
I wrote my journalling on a chevron Journal Spot and clustered a pink 30mm Double Crocheted flower, a white Forget Me Not, white Lilly, orange Cosmos Daisie, pink Polka Dot Heart Button, funky heart Wooden button, and pink neon resin heart.
For the title I used a Heidi Swapp word sticker and my Motex tape writer with pink tape. I also added a Heidi Swapp Happy Day arrow sticker and pink Wooden Shapes sunglasses.  
Around the photo I added a silver freckled fawn paperclip, some Washi (on the tag), rainbow Tickets and black Tiny Girl Cabochon. I used a stamp from Kellie Stamps "you make me smile" from the Just for you stamp set and the chevrons from the Hello arrows stamp set.
In the top left of the page I added some neon Freckled fawn Dew Drops and Acrylic Splat Beads. On the top right of the page I added a Ticket with the date stamped using a Pebbles roller date stamp. I then clustered a pink crochet flowers, an orange polkadot button, and a pink Moustache Bead.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

No comments: