Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Isn't She Lovely!

I've finally had some time to myself to do some Scrapbooking and I have thoroughly enjoyed it! Lately I've seen a few pages being done with white embellishments on black paper - I think it looks stunning!! So I gave it a go myself.

I printed out a black and white photo of my daughters year 7 graduation to keep with my black and white only colour scheme.  
I wanted to add some large white paint splats so I thought about my photo placement and did these first. I used some white paint I had in a squeeze bottle with a sponge dauber on the top. I made sure there was plenty of paint on the dauber and spritzed it with water, then splat really hard on to my page. I will warn you that this is a messy business and although I had a 3 sided cardboard box that I do my misting in I really needed a 4 sided one as paint went all over me and behind me on the wall and floor!! Then I also added some little spats of white Dylusions from the spray bottle.
Once this had all dried I added my embellishments - all from D-lish Scraps.After I attached my photo I added some silver star mini sequins and clear sequins. I like to scatter the sequins across the page (to give a random look) and dot glue next to them, then I use a Clever Sequin Pick-up Pencil to place the sequins on the glue - easy.
I also added some white embroidery thread that I had tried to scrunch and knot randomly, and white Forget Me Not.
There is some gorgeous coloured wire in the D-Lish store at the moment. I have bought all of the colours! It is so easy to bend and I made this gorgeous "lovely" title for my page with the silver wire. I like to write out my title on paper first then you can easily bend the wire following the shape of your writing. 

I also added a flower from the All That Glitters Just Add Paper kit, another white Forget Me Not, a white mini PVC doilie, and a charm from my stash..
Finally I added some KaiserCraft Mini Alphas and another white Forget Me Not.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Oh my wow Karyn this is gorgeous and I love the wire wording!