Monday, May 26, 2014

Daddies Girl!

My youngest daughter Jessica is very much a "Daddies Girl" - they have such a precious relationship <3. This photo was taken when we went out for a coffee recently - a weekend treat for us.

I started with a white page that I covered with gesso. Then I misted and splattered with various shades of blue Dylusions ink sprays to create this background. I love the effect of spraying the paper then holding it upright so the ink runs. Once this was dry I randomly stamped (Prima and KaiserCraft) and stencilled (Dylusions) across the page. 
Next was the fun part - embellishing with lots of D-lish Scraps yumminess! Many of the elements are from the Tangerine Splash Just Add paper Kit (flair, flowers, paperclip, chipboard, wire, bingo cards, washi) - this kit has sold out but there is still a huge variety of similar items in store. 
I made my own hearts using the orange coloured wire. Cute arent they! 
I added my title using my Motex labeller and some blue tape as well as a chipboard word from the kit and some alphas from my stash.

I love using the Just Add paper Kits from D-lish Scraps - the embellishments all coordinate and really make scrapping faster.

Thanks for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx 

1 comment:

Kellie said...

This layout is amazing Karyn. The sprays of blue is SUPER effective. The photo is gorgeous. Loving the wire hearts.