Monday, July 28, 2014

Busy Bee!

Good morning! 
It's Monday morning here and we have just enjoyed a weekend of family time :) We went go-karting on Saturday. This was new for us and I've found out that I have 2 hoon daughters hehe - I felt safest watching on the sidelines. Then we went to a Mexican restaurant for tea, yumm! On Sunday we chilled at home, and I took Jessica to a birthday party - she loved the jumping castle :)

On today's scrapbook page I tried some different things to usual. I featured stenciling on my page, I used a lot of purple, and I used a photo without a person in it. It is always fun to try something new :)
I've created my background with just stencils, stamps and inks. I've used a purple, green and blue colour scheme to go with the photo - and pops of gold. The stencils are from Prima and the stamps are Prima and KaiserCraft. 
My embellishments are from D-lish Scraps. The flowers are sea green and violet Old Fashioned Roses  I've also used a white Forget Me Not, gold twine and watercolour script words flairAcross the page I've scattered some gold and purple star mini sequins (to give a random look). I dot glue next to them, then I use a Clever Sequin Pick-up Pencil to place the sequins on the glue - easy. 
Lastly I've added some gold Thickers, Studio Calico gold hearts and washi from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Gorgeous page! I love scrapping photos that don't feature people. It records those moments we all cherish and it tells us just as much as when we see people. The stenciling is divine but my favourite thing are the scattered star sequins. Just Beautiful.