Monday, August 4, 2014

All The Pretty Little Things!

Today I have a bright and colourful scrapbook page to share with you all. It has photos of my daughter Jessica painting her toe-nails all by herself for the first time. She had a set of neon glow-in-the-dark nail polishes and painted each toe-nail a different colour - she was so proud of herself!  I've seen a number of "rainbow" pages being done and thought I'd put my own spin on it. 

I've had these American Crafts papers for a while - I loved them as soon as I saw them (I saw some pages Charm made using a Scrapbooking from Scratch kit that contained these papers - I had to buy the kit of course!).
I havent used any paints on this page (shock horror :) - the paper speaks for itself!

I've layered a heap of the coordinating papers behind my photos and I've used a KaiserCraft stamp as my title - I saw some of these stamps in my LSS recently and thought they would be perfect for titles and in my art journal!
My embellishments (all from D-lish Scraps of course!) are arranged in rainbow clusters - cute I think. The flowers used are violet Old Fashioned Roses, yellow Rambling Roses and red daisies. I've also added green and yellow polkadot buttons, a red Polka Dot Heart Buttonblue and purple cabachon Resin Flowers, yellow wooden daisy, life in colour flair, and Pinkfresh triangles, hearts and arrows Colourblock Wood Veneers. Across the page I've placed sequins. I dot glue next to them, then I use a Clever Sequin Pick-up Pencil to place the sequins on the glue - easy. 
I've hidden some journalling on a shipping tag in a white bag. Finally I've added some Kellie Stamps stamps on my photos and used a Pebbles roller date stamp.

Thanks for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Karyn this is amazing, all that colour is gorgeous and as always I love that you can do something with so much colour and still your photos are the main focus of the page. Gorgeous!