Monday, September 22, 2014

3 Generations!

I'm so excited!!! Recently I had my first pages published in a magazine!!! yay!!! it was in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 1 (their facebook page is here). I also had a second page published - see here.

Although I have been on a number of DT over the years I had never considered publishing in magazines. I would recommend you all try if you are interested. You may not get in first time and you may only have 1 out of 2 or 3 (or more) accepted but the magazine publishes lots of different styles so "give it a go".

I've created this background using some Core'dinations cardstock (by Stampin' Up!) that I randomly sanded to give a distressed/aged look.
I printed my photo in black and white to keep with the vintage look. I layered some patterned papers (Stampin' Up!) and a tag under my photo then I added lots of amazing and fun embellishments from D-lish Scraps - including white, cream and brown Forget Me Nots, brown Cherry Blossoms, brown Cosmos Daisies, brown and cream Lilly's, small and large Metal flligree leaves, and Metal 6 petal filigree flower. 
I used some Amy Tangerine fabric thickers for my title. 
I've also used a shipping tag, paper doilie, white muslin and flat backed pearl from my stash. 

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

No comments: