Thursday, February 26, 2015

Get Messy Art Journal - Week 3!

Today I have some more pages in my Get Messy Art Journal. I'm using a purple Cutesy Style SMASH* folio - each of the pages are so quirky and fun! 

On this page I've included a quote that applies to everyone. Something I know I would love to hear in a time of need. Something that we should all say more often in place of trying to "fix" anyone elses problems.
I painted gesso where I wanted to write the quote. I should have used less gesso, but it initially looked like I needed more. I'm still working on my script writing, trying different styles.

Then I added lots of background stamps around the edge (Prima) and word stamps ( Kellie Stamps).

Lastly I coloured some modelling paste with Dylusions ink sprays and stencilled (Heidi Swapp stencil) across the page and swiped it on in a few places - love this technique!
On these next pages I used a quote that I thought was relevant to me.
Again I used a heap of background stamps around the edges of the pages. I added some coloured modelling paste via stencils. I also used a fun "Atta Girl"stamp from Inkaninkadoo, and arrow stamps and "oh yeah" from Kellie Stamps.
These last 2 pages include a quote for my gorgeous family!
Again I used background stamps, stencils and coloured modelling paste and some fun "the bees knees" and "the cats pyjamas" stamps from Inkaninkadoo - these stamps are so cool!
I've had so much fun this week - cant wait till next week and some more "Get Messy" prompts.

Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

2 comments:

Valerie! said...

Ooh it's beautiful! So creative and just FUN!!

Debra said...

Terrific quote! I like how the pink frames the green page.