Wednesday, April 22, 2015

She Loves To Shop!

Todays share is a scrapbook page I was commissioned to do for Scrapbooking Memories Magazine (Vol 17 No 10). I was challenged to "create a layout without using more than 1 piece from a collection".

I also gave a few ideas for this challenge:
- Try using a monochromatic colour scheme - you could even sort your papers into colour groups for storage
-add neutral coloured papers to break up the colour, eg black and white patterns or cream and brown
-add wooden, gold or silver embellishments to make the monochromatic page pop.

Here is my page. I've used one of my favourite colour combinations, and used a fun photo of Rachael shopping (what teenage girl doesn't like to shop!!!).
I've used a range of patterned papers from American Crafts, Dear Lizzy, Amy Tangerine, KaiserCraft and Studio Calico. I've also used a gorgeous "lush lollipop embellishment" from Charms creations. 
Other items I have used include : paper flowere, chevron bag and journal it tag from D-lish Scraps; wood veneer, wooden button, puffy word sticker and paper doilies from Freckled Fawn; flair from A Piece Of Cake Designs; wood veneer and a tag from Studio Calico; a silver paperclip from Stampin' Up!; and cotton thread from my stash.
Lastly I added my title using alphas from Jillibean Soup, and added the date using a Pebbles roller date stamp.

Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

1 comment:

Kellie said...

oh wow Karyn this is AMAZING. I love all your layering and the colours are all gorgeous together.