Saturday, March 19, 2016

Birthday Cards - With Imaginarium Designs!

Today I have some cards to share made using lots of gorgeous Imaginarium Designs chipboard

My inspiration behind these cards was a Fiona Paltridge Class I attended at Seriously Scrapbooking (bright colour sprays, stencils, texture paste, and chipboards!) and my motivation was my daughters birthday which was the next day!

Here are 2 of the cards I made - I love these colours and the grungy look of the cards!
I used a range of stencils on this card and Dylusions ink sprays. I then added some texture paste through some more stencils (you can see they absorb the colour under them). 
I selected the chipboard I wanted to use and painted white gesso over them. When it had dried I painted Dylusions inks on to them. 
This is the card I gave Jessica for her birthday - chosen because of the hearts. I think the stencils look so cool! 
You can see the texture on the card better in this photo - in real life it is fun to touch!! I've also used a black glitter mat behind the painted cardstock on these cards. Glitter card is very hard to stick anything too - need your strongest glue (Helmar 450 works well)!! 
Here are 2 more cards I made - It I have to make 1 card I try and make 2-3 more that look similar. 
This next card is slightly different to the others. I had actually made a different stencilled background which I didnt like - so that went in the bin. So instead of starting again I just painted the background using the Dylusions and a plastic bag "smooshing" technique (that I often use). 
Again I painted the chipboards first with white gesso then painted with Dylusions inks.

This final card was actually the first one I made - using the same stencils, sprays and texture paste. But I did not add a black mat to the painted card. At first I thought it needed something - that is why I added the black glitter mat. But now that I look back on it I like it the way it is :)
These "Happy Birthday" chipboards are perfect for cards. There are 4 in a pack and they are the perfect embellishment. I also love the "Loolabelle's pie chart and hearts" chipboards - so fun and funky! And you always can add a heart or star or arrow to your card/page so I always need plenty of these on hand!
Imaginarium Designs chipboard I've used includes 

 Loolabelles love arrows : Code IDD0030
Loolabelle's pie chart and hearts : Code IDD0048 


Stars board : Code IDT0036 


Lou's heart shapes: Code IDDL0015
Happy Birthday: Code IDP0079
Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

1 comment:

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

OMG!!! Karyn these are AMAZEBALLS!!! You have totally rocked the technique from the class! Star pupil ..... I feel like a proud mumma bear xxxxx