Friday, March 4, 2016

More Art Journalling!

Today I have another art journal page to share with you.
For this page I first painted gesso on some pages in my large Dylusions journal. Then I applied watercolour pan paints using a "painting with plastic" or "Smooshing" technique where you paint onto a piece of plastic packaging (or an acrylic block) then "smoosh/stamp" the plastic on your page. You can also spray water on your page first if you like, or add more water to the plastic for different effects.

Then I added some stencils using an impasto medium. I didnt really like this as much as texture paste as it dried a yellowish colour. When this had all dried properly I added more paint splats, some stamping (Kellie Stamps) and rub-ons. Then I gave a light spray of white (Dylusions).

Lastly I added a  Colour Me Positive 2016 quote and this cute girl image (a very old image from Angie Delarie).
 Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments: