Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Something Beautiful - Art Journalling!

Today I have another art journal page to share with you.

I initially created this page to test out a background technique where I adhered chipboard pieces to the background before I started adding paints and sprays. I wanted to see how it looked and wanted to confirm my spray colour combination. That is what I love about art journalling - I try things out and record what I did so that I can use the idea later with my scrapbooking.
I used a selection of Tattered Angels chalkboard sprays to create my background (after painting on gesso over my page and the chipboard pieces). I dried off each colour before applying the next. 

I then added a selection of stamps across my page (Stampin' Up! "Natural beauty" set). Then I used a stencil and Inka gold paste.

Next I mixed some microbeads (Finnibair) with a heavy gel gloss and applied through a stencil - I loved this look and will be trying this again!!   
Lastly I added a title/quote from Colour Me Positive 2016 .
Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments: