Wednesday, April 13, 2016

You Can Fly - Art Journalling!

Today I have another art journal page to share with you.

I've decided that I will just do single art journal pages for now. My reasons are 2-fold. Firstly I'm nearing the end of my large Dylusions journal and it is getting harder to paint a double page because my book doesnt lie flat. Also I like to record how I make my page - so I do this on the facing page.

This page is the first in a series of experimenting with Dylusions ink sprays. 
I chose 3 Dylusions colour sprays (pink, red, yellow) and I sprayed across the page in strips. While it was still wet I flicked water on the page. I used paper towel to dab off the excess then I sprayed water through 2 different stencils (Dylusions and Studio Calico) and used a paper towel to dab off excess. The water tends to remove colour from the page. 

After this had dried I applied white gesso through a selection of stencils (TCW) across my page. Then I added some stamps (Stampin' Up! butterfly and KaiserCraft crackle).  
Lastly I added a title/quote from Colour Me Positive 2016 - week 12.
Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments: