Friday, August 11, 2017

Believe In Yourself - With Imaginarium Designs!

Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page made using lots of gorgeous Imaginarium Designs chipboard. The theme for the DT this month is "Me" where we have to include a selfie and journalling about ourselves!! What a great idea!! Crafters often use photos of other family members but we need to remember to scrap ourselves every now and then (although I must admit the journalling part was hard). 

I created this page - inspired by techniques I learnt at an amazing class by the lovely and talented Lisa Oxley :) 
I created my background using the fun Dina Wakley paints and Dylusions paints (purple). I used a pallate knife to paint the colours onto my page - I love this effect and I love that it is easy to clean (no washing paint brushes!!). When the paint was dry I added some fun stamps (Paper Artsy and Carabelle Studio) with black Archival ink. 
Whenever I'm creating with paint I always have a spare sheet of cardstock that I use up any leftover paint. Then I also stamp on this and cut up to use on my project as well.
 
I painted most of my chipboard with black gesso (Liquitex is my favourite). But as I was putting my page together I needed some extra chipboard so I used my paint pens to colour them - this was a fabulous way to colour chipboard and there was NO MESS!! I used a black paint pen on an extra flower and then I used a white paint pen to write over a black gesso'd word - the coverage was amazing!! Now I need more colours lol!
Here are some close-ups of the finished page. I matted my photo on some book paper (actually an old dictionary!!).
I added some strips of book paper and mesh on my page as well as a fussy cut stamped image. 
There are lots of fabulous words and phrases available at Imaginarium Designs Chipboard - perfect for page titles!!
I added a coloured paper doilie under my photo and more fussy cut stamped images.
I added some hand drawn lines around the outside of the page using a Fude Ball journalling pen - I love how it finishes and frames the page.
A little cluster at the bottom of the page with the "Happy" definition cut out of the old dictionary :)

Imaginarium Designs chipboard I've used includes 

Believe in Yourself : code IDP0183
Edward Relief Corner: Code IDC0008

Nats Bubbles Large: Code IDD0039


Cool Super Brave : code IDW0077
Nats hearts 1 : code IDD0042
Love grow hello : code IDW0083
# words : code IDW0094
Loolabelles chevrons #2: Code IDDL0022

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments: